Middle East - Israel & the Palestinian Territories (PDF Chapter)
This is the Israel & the Palestinian Territories chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
At the intersection of Asia, Europe and Africa, Israel and the Palestinian Territories have been a meeting place of cultures, empires and religions since the dawn of history. Cradle of Judaism and Christianity, and sacred to Muslims and Baha’is, the Holy Land offers visitors the opportunity both to immerse themselves in beliefs, rituals and architecture of many faiths.
- explore the nooks and crannies of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem
- float in the briny, soothing waters of the Dead Sea
- take a dip in the warm Mediterranean and watch the bods at the beaches of Tel Aviv-Jaffa (Yafo)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jerusalem, Mediterranean Coast, Tel Aviv-Jaffa (Yafo), Caesarea, Haifa, Akko (Acre), Lower Galilee & Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Tiberias, Beit She’an, Upper Galilee & Golan Heights, Tsfat (Safed), Dead Sea, Ein Gedi, Masada, Ein Botek, Negev, Mitzpe Ramon, Eilat, West Bank, Ramallah & Al-Bireh, Jericho & around, Bethlehem & around, Nablus, Jenin, The Gaza Strip, Understand Israel & the Palestinian Territories, Israel & the Palestinian Territories Today, History, People, Government & Politics, Religion, Arts, Food & Drink, Daily Life, Language, Environment, and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.