Middle East - Israel & the Palestinian Territories (PDF Chapter)
This is the Israel & the Palestinian Territories chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
At the intersection of Asia, Europe and Africa, Israel and the Palestinian Territories – cradle of Judaism and Christianity, and sacred to Muslims and Baha’is – have been a meeting place of cultures, empires and religions since the dawn of history.
- visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, believed to be the site of Jesus’s crucifixion
- ascend the Masada Snake Path before dawn and watch the sun rise
- take a dip in the warm Mediterranean at Tel Aviv-Jaffa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jerusalem, Mediterranean Coast, Tel Aviv-Jaffa (Ya-fo), Caesarea, Haifa, Akko (Acre), Lower Galilee & Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Tiberias, Beit She’an, Upper Galilee & Golan Heights, Tsfat (Safed), Dead Sea, Ein Gedi, Masada, Ein Botek, Negev, Mitzpe Ramon, Eilat, West Bank, Ramallah & Al-Bireh, Jericho & around, Bethlehem & around, Nablus, Jenin, The Gaza Strip, Understand Israel & the Palestinian Territories, Israel & the Palestinian Territories Today, History, People, Government & Politics, Religion, Arts, Food & Drink, Daily Life, Language, Environment, and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.