*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Middle East - Iran (PDF Chapter)
This is the Iran chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
Rewarding doesn’t begin to cover Iran as a destination. This exceptionally welcoming country has a multifaceted history and rich, artistic culture manifested in myriad ways. Hospitality is a way of life here and chatting with locals over tea or a meal will likely provide your most memorable moments.
- admiring Esfahan’s enormous square and the stunning buildings that surround it
- looking upon the works of the mighty Achaemenid Kings at ruined yet majestic Persepolis
- hiking the Alborz range in fabled, utterly picturesque Alamut Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tehran, Western Iran, Tabriz, Kandovan, Qazvin, Alamut Valley, Central Iran, Esfahan, Yazd, Shiraz, Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam, Pasargadae, Northeastern Iran, Mashhad, Understand Iran, Iran Today, History, Food & Drink, Arts, and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.