Middle East - Iran (PDF Chapter)
This is the Iran chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
This exceptionally welcoming country has a multifaceted history and rich, artistic culture manifested in myriad ways. Hospitality is a way of life here and chatting with locals over tea or a meal will likely provide your most memorable moments.
- admiring Esfahan’s enormous square and the stunning buildings that surround it
- look upon the ruined, yet majestic, works of the mighty Achaemenid Kings of Kings at Per-sepolis
- hike the Alborz range in fabled, utterly picturesque Alamut Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tehran, Western Iran, Tabriz, Kandovan, Qazvin, Al-amut Valley, Central Iran, Kashan, Esfahan, Yazd, Shiraz, Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam & Naqsh-e Rajab, Pasargada, Northeastern Iran, Mashhad, Understand Iran, Iran Today, History, Food & Drink, Arts, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.