Middle East - Egypt (PDF Chapter)
This is the Egypt chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
As Herodotus wrote in the 5th century BC, Egypt ‘has more wonders in it than any other country in the world’. But the Pharaonic temples and pyramids that awed the Greek historian are just the beginning.
- revel in the underwater wonderland that flourishes in Ras Mohammed National Park
- go Mediterranean in Alexandria, Egypt’s cultural port city
- enjoy the ultimate ‘away from it all’ in western oases like Siwa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cairo, Mediterranean Coast, Alexandria, Nile Valley, Luxor, Dendara, Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Aswan, Philae (Agilika Island), High Dam, Abu Simbel, Western Oases, Al-Kharga Oasis, Dakhla Oasis, Farafra Oasis, Bahariya Oasis, Siwa Oasis, Suez Canal, Port Said, Suez, Red Sea Coast, Hurghada, Al-Quseir, Marsa Alam, South Sinai, Ras Mohammed National Park, Sharm el-Sheikh, Dahab, St Katherine Protectorate, Nuweiba, Taba, North Sinai, Understand Egypt, Egypt Today, History, People, Arts, Food & Drink, and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.