Middle East - Egypt (PDF Chapter)
This is the Egypt chapter from Lonely Planet’s Middle East guidebook.
Egypt’s ancient monuments still inspire the same reverence in travellers as they have for centuries. But walk away from the click of a million camera shutters for a minute and you’ll dis-cover Egypt isn’t just mummies and colossal columns.
- come face to face with one of the world’s great wonders, the Pyramids of Giza
- overload on mosques, mausoleums, museums and ancient churches in Cairo
- sense the vanity of Ramses II amid his most spectacular temple complex, Abu Simbel
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cairo, Saqqara, Memphis & Dahshur, Mediterranean Coast, Alexandria, Nile Valley, Luxor, Esna, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Aswan, Philae (Agilika Island), High Dam, Abu Simbel, Western Oases, Al Kharga Oasis, Dakhla Oasis, Bahariya Oasis, Siwa Oasis, Red Sea Coast, El Gouna, Hurghada, Marsa Alam, South Sinai, Ras Mohammed National Park, Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, St Katherine Protectorate, Nuweiba, Taba, Understand Egypt, Egypt Today, History, People, Arts, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.