Miami & the Keys - Understand Miami & the Keys and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Miami & the Keys Today, History, Multiculturalism & the Arts, Envi-ronment, Art-Deco Architecture, Directory A–Z, and Transportation, chapters from Lonely Planet’s Miami & the Keys guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, the environment, and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Miami’s distinctive art-deco architecture
- info on Florida’s diverse wildlife and landscape
- full coverage of multicultural Miami and the culture of the Keys
- details on the history of the region, and challenges facing it today
Coverage includes: Miami & the Keys Today, History, Multiculturalism & the Arts, Environment, Art-Deco Architecture, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation