Mexico - Yucatan Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yucatán Peninsula chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guide-book.
Few Mexican destinations can dazzle you with ancient Maya ruins, azure Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico waters and colonial cities all in one fell swoop. Actually, there’s only one – the Yucatán Peninsula.
- wander the magnificent colonial capital of Mérida and feast on local treats
- dive in the extraordinary underground cave system of Parque Dos Ojos
- snorkel with 15-ton whale sharks or spot rare birds around Isla Holbox
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Quintana Roo, Cancún, Isla Mujeres, Isla Holbox, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Isla Cozumel, Tulum, Cobá, Punta Allen, Mahahual, Xcalak, Laguna Bacalar, Chetumal, Yucatán State & the Maya Heartland, Mérida, Uxmal, Santa Elena, Kabah, Ruta Puuc, Ruinas de Mayapán, Celestún, Progreso, Izamal, Chichén Itzá, Valladolid, Ek’ Balam, Río Lagartos, Campeche State, Campeche, Northern Campeche, Southeastern Campeche.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.