Mexico - Western Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
Welcome to the Mexico of your imagination! Many of the elements that define the image of Mexico worldwide originated in the western central highlands amid slumbering volcanoes, sun-drenched avocado plantations and some of the country’s finest ‘undiscovered’ pre-Hispanic ruins.
- get to know Michoacán’s welcoming capital, Morelia, with its shimmering cathedral, ani-mated streets and delightful architecture
- explore the excellent art museums, ancient churches and superb restaurants of Guadala-jara, Mexico’s second-largest city
- absorb the beauty of Reserva Mariposa Monarca, the winter retreat of millions of butter-flies
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guadalajara Region, Guadalajara, Tequila, Lago de Chapala, Zona de Montaña, Inland Colima State, Colima, Parque Nacional Volcán Nevado de Colima, Comala, Inland Michoacán, Morelia, Reserva Mariposa Monarca, Angangueo, Zitácuaro, Pátzcuaro Region, Uruapan, Angahuan.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.