*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Mexico - Western Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
Welcome to the Mexico of your dreams. Many elements defining the global image of Mexico originated in the western central highlands amid snoozing volcanoes, sun-baked avocado plantations, and some of the finest pre-Hispanic ruins that no one’s ever heard of.
- get to know spectacular Morelia, with its glowing cathedral, animated streets and grandiose architecture
- explore the excellent art museums, ancient churches and superb eating possibilities of charming Guadalajara
- absorb the beauty of the Reserva Mariposa Monarca, the winter retreat for millions of butterflies and an incredible natural phenomenon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guadalajara & around, Tequila, Amatitán, Lago de Chapala, Zona de Montaña, Inland Colima State, Colima & around, Inland Michoacán, Morelia, Reserva Mariposa Monarca, Angangueo, Zitácuaro, Pátzcuaro & around, Uruapan & around, Angahuan.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.