Mexico - Veracruz (PDF Chapter)
This is the Veracruz chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
Taking up much of Mexico’s Gulf coastline, the long and diverse state of Veracruz is where the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs began. It is also home to Mexico’s highest peak – soaring, snowcapped Orizaba.
- decipher a triumvirate of Mesoamerican cultures in Xalapa’s architecturally magnificent Museo de Antropología
- imagine past glories at the extensive ruins of El Tajín
- sip gourmet coffee in the cloud forest–encased highland town of Coatepec
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Veracruz City, Central Veracruz, La Antigua, Villa Ri-ca, Xalapa, Coatepec, Xico, Jalcomulco, Tlapacoyan, Córdoba, Orizaba, Pico de Orizaba, North-ern Veracruz, Tuxpan, Papantla, El Tajín, Tecolutla, Southern Veracruz, Tlacotalpan, Santiago Tuxtla, San Andrés Tuxtla, Catemaco, Reserva de la Biosfera Los Tuxtlas, Costa de Oro.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation