*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Mexico - Oaxaca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oaxaca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
The state of Oaxaca has a special magic felt by Mexicans and foreigners alike. A bastion of indigenous culture, it’s home to the country’s most vibrant crafts and art scene, some colorful festivities, a unique cuisine and diverse natural riches.
- indulge in the culture, cuisine, color, crafts – and mezcal – of festive, colonial Oaxaca city
- chill out for longer than you planned at the travelers’ beach hangouts of Mazunte, Zipolite and San Agustinillo
- ride the surf on the gorgeous beaches of Puerto Escondido
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Oaxaca City, Valles Centrales, Monte Albán, Valle de Tlacolula, Valle de Zimatlán, Valle de Etla, Sierra Norte, Pueblos Mancomunados, Western Oaxaca, Yanhuitlán, Coixtlahuaca & Teposcolula, Oaxaca Coast, Puerto Escondido & around, Pochutla, Puerto Ángel, Zipolite, San Agustinillo, Mazunte, La Ventanilla, Bahías de Huatulco, Barra de la Cruz, Isthmus of Tehuantepec, Salina Cruz, Tehuantepec, Juchitán.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.