Mexico - Northern Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
From cobbled lanes and shaded plazas to vast deserts and cloud forest, Mexico’s northern central highlands is a region as varied as its history, cuisine and cultures. It was here that enor-mous mineral wealth created rich colonial cities before revolutionary activity left ghost towns in its wake.
- wander with awe through gorgeous colonial San Miguel de Allende, which specializes in art, food, hot springs and fiestas
- meander through winding cobbled alleys and discover marvelous museums in Guanajua-to
- plunge into Huasteca Potosina’s remarkable turquoise rivers and survey its extraordinary waterfalls
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Querétaro State, Querétaro, Tequisquiapan, Jalpan, Bernal, Guanajuato State, Guanajuato, León, Dolores Hidalgo, San Miguel de Allende, Mineral de Pozos, Aguascalientes State, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosí State, San Luis Potosí, Real de Catorce, La Huasteca Potosina, Zacatecas State, Zacatecas, Jerez.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.