Mexico - Northern Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
From cobbled lanes to pretty plazas, deserts to cloud forest, the northern central highlands region is as varied as its history, cuisine and cultures. Former mineral wealth created colonial cities and revolutionary activity left ghost towns in its wake.
- meander through winding cobbled alleys and marvelous museums in Guanajuato
- feed your soul with art, food and fiestas in popular San Miguel de Allende
- marvel at the missions and stay in communities within in the wilderness jewel, the Reserva de la Biosfera Sierra Gorda (p)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Querétaro State & around, Querétaro, Tequisquiapan, Guanajuato State, Guanajuato, León, Dolores Hidalgo, San Miguel de Allende, Around San Miguel de Allende, Aguascalientes State, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosí State, San Luis Potosí, Matehuala, Real de Catorce, La Huasteca Potosina, Ciudad Valles, Rio Verde, Zacatecas State, Zacatecas, La Quemada.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.