Mexico - Copper Canyon & Northern Mexico (PDF Chapter)
This is the Copper Canyon & Northern Mexico chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
Northern Mexico is the ultimate frontier land: vast cactus-strewn deserts, craggy mountains and breathtaking canyons define this most iconic of regions, which is familiar to almost anyone from its role in countless Wild West movies.
- ride Mexico’s last passenger train through canyon scenery on the Ferrocarril Chihuahua Pacífico
- experience the lunar landscapes of the spectacular El Pinacate Biosphere Reserve
- explore the oasis reserve of Cuatro Ciénegas, one of the most biodiverse places in the world
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Copper Canyon & Ferrocarril Chihuahua Pacífi-co, El Fuerte, Cerocahui, Urique, Areponápuchi, Divisadero, Creel, Batopilas, Cusárare, San Ig-nacio de Arareko, Northwest Mexico, Sonora, Los Mochis, Chihuahua & Central North Mexico, Chihuahua, Nuevo Casas Grandes & Casas Grandes, Durango, Northeast Mexico, Saltillo, Par-ras, Cuatro Ciénegas, Monterrey.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation