Mexico - Chiapas & Tabasco (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chiapas & Tabasco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guide-book.
Chilly pine-forest highlands, sultry rain-forest jungles and attractive colonial cities exist side by side within Mexico’s southernmost state, a region awash with the legacy of Spanish rule and the remnants of ancient Maya civilization.
- scale the jungly hills and soaring Maya temples of Palenque
- stroll the high-altitude cobblestone streets of San Cristóbal de las Casas
- cruise through the waterway and sheer high rock cliffs of the spectacular Cañón del Su-midero
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chiapas, Tuxtla Gutiérrez Region, San Cristóbal Re-gion, Ocosingo & Toniná, Palenque, Agua Azul & Misol-Ha, Bonampak, Yaxchilán & the Car-retera Fronteriza, Comitán Region, El Soconusco & Beaches, Tapachula Region, Tabasco, Vil-lahermosa, Comalcalco.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.