Mexico - Baja California (PDF Chapter)
This is the Baja California chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
Baja, the earth’s second-longest peninsula, offers over 1200km of the mystical, ethereal, ma-jestic and untamed. The middle of nowhere is more beautiful than you ever imagined, and people are friendly, relaxed and helpful – even in the border towns.
- kayak the blue bays and picnic on empty white beaches around Espíritu Santo
- sip and savor the bucolic delights of the Ruta del Vino in northern Baja’s unspoiled Valle de Guadalupe
- dive with a giant ball of schooling jacks in Cabo Pulmo, home to the Sea of Cortez’ only living coral reef
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Baja, Tijuana, Playas de Rosarito, Ruta del Vino & Valle de Guadalupe, Ensenada, Mexicali, Southern Baja, Guerrero Negro, San Ignacio, Sierra de San Francisco, Santa Rosalía, Mulegé, Loreto, Puerto San Carlos, La Paz, La Ventana, Los Barriles, Cabo Pulmo, San José del Cabo, Cabo San Lucas, Todos Santos.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation