Mexico - Baja California (PDF Chapter)
This is the Baja California chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mexico guidebook.
Baja, the earth’s second-longest peninsula, offers over 1200km of the mystical, ethereal, majestic and untamed. The middle of nowhere is more beautiful than you ever imagined, and people are friendly, relaxed and helpful – even in the border towns.
- kayak to Espíritu Santo as the big Baja sun drops into the bay
- sip, swill and savor the bucolic delights of the Ruta del Vino in northern Baja’s unspoiled Valle de Guadalupe
- take the plunge at mystical Las Sirenitas, in Cabo Pulmo, home to the Sea of Cortez’ only living coral reef
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Baja, Tijuana, Playas de Rosarito, Ensenada, La Bufadora, Parque Nacional Constitución de 1857, Mexicali, Southern Baja, Guerrero Negro, San Ignacio & around, Santa Rosalía, Mulegé & around, Loreto & around, La Paz & around, La Ventana, Los Barriles, Cabo Pulmo, Reserva de la Biosfera Sierra de la Laguna, San José del Cabo, Los Cabos Corridor, Cabo San Lucas, Todos Santos.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.