*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Melbourne & Victoria - Melbourne (PDF Chapter)
This is the Melbourne chapter from Lonely Planet’s Melbourne & Victoria guide-book.
Stylish, arty Melbourne is both dynamic and cosmopolitan, and it’s proud of its place as Aus-tralia’s sporting and cultural capital. It is best experienced as a local would, with its character largely reliant upon its diverse collection of inner-city neighbourhoods.
- wander the Victorian-era garden landscaping of the Royal Botanic Gardens
- explore graffiti-as-art in Melbourne’s narrow city laneways and meandering arcades
- browse national and international treasures at the National Gallery of Victoria
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Night-life, Entertainment, Shopping, Information, Getting There & Away, Getting Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.