Melbourne & Victoria - Great Ocean Road & Bellarine Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Ocean Road chapter from Lonely Planet’s Melbourne & Victoria guidebook.
The Great Ocean Road is one of Australia’s most famous road-touring routes. It takes travel-lers past worldclass surfing breaks, sheer limestone cliffs, through pockets of rainforest and calm seaside towns, and under koala-filled tree canopies.
- be mesmerised by the outlook over the Twelve Apostles limestone pillars rising from the ocean
- spy koalas as you head through the rainforest en route to the Cape Otway lighthouse
- lap up life in the relaxed resort town of Lorne, where the coast meets the bush
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Geelong, the Bellarine Peninsula, Queenscliff, Ocean Grove, Great Ocean Road, Torquay, Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Lorne, Wye River, Kennett River, Apollo Bay, Cape Otway, Port Campbell, Warrnambool, Tower Hill Reserve, Port Fairy. Portland & Around
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.