Melbourne & Victoria - Goldfields & the Grampians (PDF Chapter)
This is the Goldfields & the Grampians chapter from Lonely Planet’s Melbourne & Victo-ria guidebook.
History, nature and culture combine spectacularly in Victoria’s regional heart. This is a fantas-tic region for touring, with a range of contrasting landscapes, from pretty countryside and green forests, red earth and granite country, to farmland, orchards and wineries.
- set up camp in the Grampians National Park and walk to waterfalls and stunning lookouts
- wander Bendigo’s historic streets lined with elegant architecture and fantastic restau-rants
- experience a real gold-rush town at Sovereign Hill, Ballarat’s famous child friendly open-air museum.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ballarat, Bendigo, Goldfields Towns, Kyneton, Cas-tlemaine, Harcourt, Maldon, Clunes, Maryborough, The Grampians, Grampians National Park & Around, Halls Gap, Dunkeld & Around, Horsham, Wartook Valley, Mt Arapiles State Park, Dim-boola, Nhill, Little Desert National Park & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.