Melbourne & Victoria - Around Melbourne (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Melbourne chapter from Lonely Planet’s Melbourne & Victoria guidebook.
Just a short drive from Melbourne you can experience historic towns, mountains, rivers, wa-terfalls, bush, vine-covered hills, cycle paths and wildlife. Around Daylesford and the Yarra Val-ley there’s fine boutique accommodation, cafes and restaurants, with fresh country air to match.
- sample Australia’s finest cool-climate pinots in the Yarra Valley historic wine-growing re-gion
- soak in the soothing mineral waters at the charming resort town of Hepburn Springs
- take in the stunning vistas at the captivating sacred site of Hanging Rock
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Dandenongs, Yarra Valley, Healesville, War-burton, Marysville, Lake Mountain, Spa Country, Daylesford, Hepburn Springs, Macedon Rang-es, Trentham.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.