Mauritius, Reunion & Seychelles - Reunion (PDF Chapter)
This is the Réunion chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mauritius, Reunion & Seychelles guidebook.
Réunion is a scenically magical island that enjoys an astonishing diversity of landscapes. Expect awesome mountains, emerald forests, tumbling waterfalls, soul-stirring panoramas, energetic coastal cities and a sprinkling of beaches – not to mention the formidable Piton de la Four-naise.
- climb up to the crater rim of Piton de la Fournaise and stare down into the abyss
- hike one of the Indian Ocean’s greatest multi-day trails, the Cirque de Mafate
- canyon within the island’s most grandiose scenery on the Cirque de Cilaos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: St-Denis, The West, St-Paul, Dos d’Ane, Les Hauts de St-Paul, Le Maïdo, Boucan Canot, St-Gilles-les-Bains, L’Hermitage-les-Bains, La Sa-line-les-Bains, St-Leu, Les Hauts de St-Leu, Étang-Salé-les-Bains, Entre-Deux, Les Makes, The Cirques, Cirque de Cilaos, Cirque de Salazie, Cirque de Mafate, Les Hautes Plaines & the Volcano, Plaine-des-Cafres, Grand Bassin, Piton de la Fournaise (The Volcano), Plaine-des-Palmistes, The Wild South, St-Pierre & Around, St-Joseph & Around, Les Hauts de St-Joseph, Grand Coude & Around, St-Philippe & Around, Le Grand Brûlé, The East, Ste-Suzanne, St-André, Bras-Panon, St-Benoît, Ste-Anne, Ste-Rose, Understand Réunion, Réunion Today, History, Culture, Arts, Architecture, Food & Drink, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.