Mauritius, Reunion & Seychelles - Mauritius (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mauritius chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mauritius, Reunion & Seychelles guidebook.
Mauritius is rightly famed for its sapphire waters, powder-white beaches and luxury resorts. But there’s so much more attraction to Mauritius than the beach, and it’s the kind of place that rewards even the smallest attempts at exploration.
- hike through forested gorges and past waterfalls in Black River Gorges National Park
- pause for lunch and rum in the foodie mountain village of Chamarel
- discover how Mauritius once looked in Île aux Aigrettes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Port Louis, Central Plateau, Moka, Curepipe, Balaclava to Pointe aux Piments, Trou Aux Biches & Mont Choisy, Grand Baie, Pereybère, Cap Malheureux, Grand Gaube, Pamplemousses, The West, Flic en Flac, Tamarin & Black River, Chamarel, Black River Gorges National Park, La Gaulette, Le Morne Peninsula, The Southeast, Mahébourg, Pointe d’Esny & Blue Bay, Vieux Grand Port, South Coast, Souillac, Bel Ombre, South Coast, The East, Trou d’Eau Douce, Belle Mare & Palmar, Poste de Flacq & Roches Noires, Understand Mauritius, Mauritius Today, History, Culture, People of Mauritius, Religion, Arts, Architecture, Food & Drink, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.