Maui - Lahaina (PDF Chapter)
With its weathered storefronts, narrow streets and bustling harbor, Hawaii’s most historic town looks like a port-of-call for Captain Ahab. Is this the 21st century, or an 1850s whaling village? In truth, it offers a mix of both.
- revel in the improbable beauty of Banyan Tree Square, including the Old Lahaina Court-house
- thrill to the spectacular sunsets over the Pacific from the terrace of a waterfront restaurant such as Pacific’O
- go whale-watching in winter when odds are good that you’ll see a whale, especially when you’re in the hands of an operator such as Pacific Whale Foundation
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Beaches, activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.