Maui - Kihea & South Maui (PDF Chapter)
Sunsets are a communal affair in South Maui – just look at the throngs crowding the beach wall at Kamaʻole Beach Park II in the late afternoon. It’s a scene repeated up and down the coast here every day.
- watch the sun drop below the horizon from a golden crescent of sand at Keawakapu Beach
- dig into a heaping plate of loco moco on the patio of Hawaiian-style Kihei Caffe, or sample four flagship beers at the Maui Brewing Co in Kihei
- sunbathe on a remote stretch of gleaming sand tucked between wild forests and deep-blue waters at Big Beach in Makena State Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kihei, Wailea, Makena & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation