Maui - Iao Valley & Central Maui (PDF Chapter)
Welcome to the flat bit. Central Maui is the isthmus connecting the West Maui Mountains to mighty Haleakalā, giving the island its distinctive three-part shape and boasting a potpourri of at-tractions.
- kite- and windsurf beautiful blustery Kanaha Beach Park
- take an unforgettable aerial trip through the West Maui Mountains to Molokaʻi with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
- tee off at King Kamehameha Golf Club, the island’s only 18-hole course, where the club house is a stunning Frank Lloyd Wright design
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Nature Spots, Kahului, Wailuku, ʻIao Valley State Monument, Waikapu, Ma‘alaea, Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge, Puʻunene.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.