Malta & Gozo - Southern Malta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Malta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malta & Gozo guide-book.
Several of Malta’s most extraordinary historical sites lie in the less-visited southeast of the country, including its most breathtakingly located prehistoric temples (?a?ar Qim and Mnajdra), which date back more than 5000 years, and the G?ar Dalam cave, full of fossilised remains of prehistoric animals.
- question who, when, how and why, while drinking in the scenery at mysterious ?a?ar Qim & Mnajdra
- negotiate walking trails to take a giant leap of faith into the glittering royal-blue waters of St Peter’s Pool
- take a mid-morning boat trip to marvel at the Blue Grotto’s shimmering play of light and shadow
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Marsaxlokk, Bir?ebbu?a, Marsaskala, ?urrieq, ?a?ar Qim & Mnajdra, G?ar Lapsi.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.