Malta & Gozo - Sliema, St Julian's & Paceville (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sliema, St Julian’s & Paceville chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malta & Gozo guidebook.
Malta’s cool crowd flocks here to eat, drink, shop and party, and if you’re looking for a base that mingles cosmopolitan sparkle with quiet backstreets, this is the perfect choice.
- wine and dine alfresco at the cafes and restaurants lining the compact coves at Spinola Bay and Balluta Bay in St Julian’s
- swim off flat, rocky and easily accessible Sliema Beach, then relax with a gelato or aperitivo cocktail at oceanfront cafes
- stay at one of the area’s good-value boutique hostels, offering either a party atmosphere or a quieter vibe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sliema & Around, St Julian’s & Paceville.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation