Malta & Gozo - Northern Malta (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Malta chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malta & Gozo guide-book.
Sandy beaches, water sports, boat trips, birdwatching, horse-riding, and walks along the dramatic coastline – Malta’s north is a prime location for holiday fun. Beaches range from the wonderfully accessible Mellieha Bay to the more remote Ghajn Tuffieha Bay.
- explore the dramatic underwater seascape while scuba-diving off the more rugged and remote Marfa Peninsula
- exult in vast coastal views from wild Ras il-Qammieh
- make the long climb down to Ghajn Tuffieha Bay’s near-empty sands on a quiet spring day
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Golden Bay & Ghajn Tuffieha, Mgarr & Around, Mellieha & Around, Marfa Peninsula, Xemxija, Bugibba, Qawra & St Paul’s Bay, Bahar Ic-Cagcaq.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.