Malta & Gozo - Gozo & Comino (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gozo & Comino chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malta & Gozo guide-book.
Gozo is a gloriously pretty island, with what the 19th-century nonsense poet Edward Lear called a ‘pomskizillious and gromphibberous’ landscape. He coined the words to describe the is-land’s fairy-tale hillocks topped by enormous churches, its hidden, glittering coves, and its sculp-tured coastal cliffs.
- swim from the pebbled beach at remote and compact Wied il-G?asri
- get red sand in your shorts at San Blas Bay, one of Gozo’s best swimming and snorkelling beaches
- take in the incredible 360-degree views from atop tiny Comino
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gozo, Victoria (Rabat), M?arr, M?arr ix-Xini, Xewkija, Ta’?en?, Xlendi, G?arb & San Lawrenz, Dwejra, Marsalforn, Xag?ra, Nadur, Comino.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.