Mallorca - Southern Mallorca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Mallorca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Mallorca guide-book.
The forbidding geography of the coast between the Bay of Palma and Colònia de Sant Jordi has preserved this area as one of Mallorca’s least developed. Beyond the stark cliffs are intimate coves and long swathes of fine sand.
- boat to the Illa de Cabrera, Mallorca’s only national park
- hike to the coves that dot Cap de Ses Salines
- dine on the day’s catch at the fishing village of Cala Figuera
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cala Pi, Sa Ràpita, Colònia de Sant Jordi, Ses Sa-lines, Illa de Cabrera, Santanyí, Cala Figuera, Portopetro, Parc Natural de Mondragó, Cala d’Or.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation