Maldives - Southern Atolls (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Atolls chapter from Lonely Planet’s Maldives guidebook.
Live-aboards explore the south’s pristine dive sites, while surfing boats visit the most remote breaks of the most remote atolls, such as Gaafu Dhaalu and Addu. Welcome to the dreamily per-fect world of the southern Maldives.
- dive with rays at Manta Point for an unforgettable experience
- surf or catch some sun at Thoondu Beach, one of Maldives’ loveliest beaches
- descend through the blue to the spot dozens of tiger sharks off the island of Fuvahmu-lah
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vaavu, Meemu, Faafu, Dhaalu, Thaa, Laamu, Gaafu Alifu, Gaafu Dhaalu, Gnaviyani, Addu Atoll.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.