Maldives - Northern Atolls (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Atolls chapter from Lonely Planet’s Maldives guidebook.
The Northern Atolls – the least-developed region of Maldives – remain scarcely known to for-eigners, which makes them a great place to experience traditional Maldivian life. There’s huge diving and snorkelling potential throughout the region, with pristine waters and diverse marine life.
- check out the Utheemu Ganduvaru palace in Haa Alifu
- come face-to-face with dozens of juvenile reef sharks at the Shark Nursery
- snorkel with magnificent manta rays in Hanifaru Bay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Haa Alifu, Haa Dhaalu, Shaviyani, Noonu, Raa, Baa, Lhaviyani.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.