*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Maldives - Male (PDF Chapter)
This is the Male chapter from Lonely Planet’s Maldives guidebook.
The pint-sized Maldivian capital is the throbbing, mercantile heart of the nation, a densely crowded and extraordinary place, notable mainly for its stark contrast to the laid-back pace of island life elsewhere in the country.
- admire the beautiful Old Friday Mosque
- make a trip to Hulhumale, the man-made island
- gape at the artefacts and quirky relics at the National Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Dangers & Annoyances, Sights, Activities, Sleeping, Eating, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Male.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.