Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Sarawak (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sarawak chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
From Kuching, the island’s most dynamic city, pristine rainforests – where you can spot orangutans, proboscis monkeys, crocodiles and the world’s largest flower, the rafflesia – can be visited on day trips, with time in the evening for drink by the waterfront.
- watch semiwild orangutans swing through the canopy at Semenggoh Wildlife Centre
- see the elusive rafflesia, the world’s largest flower, in Gunung Gading National Park
- stroll Kuching’s waterfront promenade
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kuching, Western Sarawak, Bako National Park, Santubong Peninsula, Semenggoh Wildlife Centre, Annah Rais Longhouse, Kubah National Park, Bau & Around, Lundu, Gunung Gading National Park, Tanjung Datu National Park, Ta-lang-Satang National Park, Batang Ai Region, Central Sarawak, Sibu, Batang Rejang, Bintulu, Similajau National Park, Niah National Park, Lambir Hills National Park, Miri, Northeastern Sara-wak, Gunung Mulu National Park, Kelabit Highlands, Limbang Division.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.