Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Sabah (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sabah chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
What a punch Sabah packs: the treasure of turquoise-fringed desert islands with coral reefs swarming with marine biodiversity; trekkers’ paradise Mt Kinabalu reaching into the clouds; and jungles pulsing with bug-eyed tarsiers, gibbons, pythons, clouded leopards and huge crocs.
- dive among sea turtles and sharks along multicoloured reefs in the Semporna Archipela-go
- trek up Borneo’s highest mountain, Mt Kinabalu, for the ultimate sunrise
- look for leopard cats, civets and deer on night safaris in Deramakot Forest Reserve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kota Kinabalu, Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park, Pulau Manukan, Pulau Mamutik, Pulau Sapi, Pulau Gaya, Pulau Sulug, Northwestern Sabah, Mt Kinabalu & Around, Kinabalu National Park, Northwest Coast, Island Getaways, Eastern Sa-bah, Sandakan, Sepilok, Sandakan Archipelago, Deramakot Forest Reserve, Sungai Kinaba-tangan, Lahad Datu, Danum Valley Conservation Area, Tabin Wildlife Reserve, Semporna, Semporna Archipelago, Tawau, Tawau Hills Park, Maliau Basin Conservation Area, Southwest-ern Sabah, Interior Sabah, Beaufort Division, Pulau Tiga National Park, Pulau Labuan.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience