Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Perak (PDF Chapter)
This is the Perak chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
This rugged swath of Peninsular Malaysia is as rewarding for trekkers as for gastronomes. Perak receives only a modest stream of international travellers, but to Malaysians, its attractions are totemic: white coffee, colonial-era relics, limestone bluffs.
- hike through the cool Cameron Highlands, and enjoy tea and scones
- marvel at the Temple Caves in Perak’s serrated limestone cliffs
- strol mural-laden Ipoh, indulging in its signature eats and drinks
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ipoh, Gopeng & Around, Cameron Highlands, Pulau Pangkor, Kuala Kangsar, Taiping, Kuala Sepetang, Belum-Temenggor Rainforest.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.