Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Peninsular Malaysia's Northeast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Peninsular Malaysia’s Northeast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
Picturesque palm-fringed beaches and bucolic kampung (villages) abound on peninsular Malaysia’s northeast coast, but what brings folks back to the region time and again are the tanta-lising tropical islands offshore. ‘Paradise’ barely does these gems justice.
- discover Malay culture and history at Kota Bharu’s museums before sampling the tasty of-ferings at street stalls, markets and restaurants
- savour barbecued seafood and chilled wine on a Pulau Perhentian Kecil beach as the moon rises over the South China Sea
- catch the jungle railway into Kelantan’s interior to explore traditional Dabong and Gunung Stong National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kelantan, Kota Bharu & Around, Terengganu, Pulau Perhentian, Pulau Redang, Pulau Kapas, Kuala Terengganu & Around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience