Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Penang (PDF Chapter)
This is the Penang chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
If there’s a more thrilling cocktail of Eastern cultures than in Penang, we’ve yet to find it. Vi-brant George Town delivers old-world Asia in spades, from trishaws pedalling past watermarked Chinese shophouses to blue joss smoke perfuming the air.
- explore the architecture of the World Heritage zone of George Town, stayi in a boutique heritage hotel and dig into some of Southeast Asia’s most delicious food
- hike through virgin rainforest to beaches where monkeys scamper in Penang National Park
- become familiar with the contents of your spice rack at aromatic Tropical Spice Garden
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: George Town, Greater Penang, Air Itam & Penang Hill, Batu Ferringhi, Teluk Bahang & Around, Balik Pulau & Kampung Pulau Betong, Southeast Penang Island.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Understand Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)