Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Pahang & Tioman Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pahang & Tioman Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
For many visitors, a journey to Peninsular Malaysia’s largest state begins and ends on the enchanted isle of Tioman. Between its exhilarating diving, brilliant beaches, vegetation-choked jungle treks and spirited villages, its tropical-island allure is impossible to resist.
- village hop, dive, snorkel, jungle hike and watch the sunset on Pulau Tioman
- hike into the primeval heart of deep, dark and undeniably adventurous Taman Negara
- enjoy some of Pahang’s best food in Kuantan, with day trips to nearby beaches, caves and old tin mining towns
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pulau Tioman, The Coast, Tanjung Gemok, Pekan, Kuantan, Cherating, The Interior, Temerloh & Around, Jerantut, Taman Negara, Kuala Lipis, Raub.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.