Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Melaka (PDF Chapter)
This is the Melaka chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
This compact Malaysian state’s catchphrase – ‘Don’t mess with Melaka’ – sums up its confi-dent attitude. Recent years have seen Melaka capitalise on its illustrious history and assert itself as one of Malaysia’s most irresistible tourist draws.
- feast on Peranakan curries, Portuguese seafood, Indian banana leaf spreads and good coffee in Melaka City
- discover galleries, craft workshops, historic temples and heritage architecture in China-town
- experience the razzle-dazzle and street food of Jonker Walk Night Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Melaka City, Ayer Keroh, Alor Gajah.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Understand Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)