Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Langkawi, Kedah & Perlis (PDF Chapter)
This is the Langkawi, Kedah & Perlis chapter from Lonely Planet’s Malaysia Singapore & Brunei guidebook.
Almost everyone knows this state by its biggest island: Langkawi. Its glorious clear waters and luxurious wide beaches warrant the attention they receive. But the states of Kedah and Perlis represent a rural idyll that is central to the Malay identity.
- relax on one of Pulau Langkawi’s surfeit of perfect beaches
- cool off in the freshwater pools at Telaga Tujuh, Langkawi’s mountaintop waterfalls
- ride Panorama Langkawi, the cable car all 708m to the top of Gunung Machinchang, to enjoy the spectacular views
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kedah, Pulau Langkawi, Alor Setar & Around, Kuala Kedah, Perlis, Kangar & Around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei - Understand Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)