Maine & Acadia National Park - Understand Maine & Acadia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Maine & Acadia National Park Today, History, Wildlife & the Environment, People & Culture, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Maine & Acadia National Park guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, wildlife and the environment to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Maine & Acadia National Park today
- info on the people and culture that have shaped the state
- full coverage of the great literary heritage of Maine
- details on black bears, lynx, and all the state’s wildlife and environment
Coverage includes: Maine & Acadia National Park Today, History, Wild-life & the Environment, People & Culture, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation