Maine & Acadia National Park - Southern Maine Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Maine Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Maine & Acadia National Park guidebook.
Maine’s southern coast embodies the state slogan ‘Vacationland,’ with busy commercial strips, sandy beaches and resort towns that get packed in the summer months. Despite the crowds, there are some charming features to be found.
- stroll along magnificent seaside Marginal Way in pretty Ogunquit
- learn about the deep Colonial history of Old York
- poke around Rachel Carson National Wildlife Reserve and watch shorebirds wade in the tall grass
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kittery, The Yorks, Ogunquit, The Kennebunks, Saco Bay & Old Orchard Beach.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.