Maine & Acadia National Park - Portland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Portland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Maine & Acadia National Park guidebook.
Maine’s largest city has capitalized on the gifts of its port history – the redbrick warehouse buildings, the narrow cobblestone streets – to become one of the hippest, most vibrant small cities in the Americas.
- wander slowly past paintings by masters global and local at the well-curated Portland Mu-seum of Art
- watch the fog roll in over Portland Head Light, the oldest functioning lighthouse in Maine
- drink your way across the city’s breweries and enjoying all of the beers this brew-mad town can serve
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.