Maine & Acadia National Park - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Maine & Acadia National Park, Maine & Acadia National Park’s Top 15, Need to Know, Getting Around Maine, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Travel with Children, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Activities, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Maine & Acadia National Park guidebook.
Your journey to Maine & Acadia National Park starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on traveling with children.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about outdoor activities
- user-friendly region overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Maine & Acadia National Park, Maine & Acadia National Park’s Top 15, Need to Know, Getting Around Maine, If You Like: Lobster, Hiking, Small Towns, Beaches, Coastal Views, Art, Outdoor Activities, Fall Foliage, Scenic Drives, Islands, Month by Month, Itineraries, Travel with Children, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Activities, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation