Maine & Acadia National Park - Midcoast Maine (PDF Chapter)
This is the Midcoast Maine chapter from Lonely Planet’s Maine & Acadia National Park guidebook.
Midcoast Maine is a mix of ancient-forest-clad peninsulas, studded with lonely, windswept fishing villages and fog-wreathed paths through the woods, and resort towns that cater to wealthy vacationers, cheap lobster rolls, organic farm-to-table restaurants, and writing retreats.
- get on board a ship with Camden Boat Tours and make like Enya – sail away, sail away…
- appreciate the deep reserves of creativity at Farnsworth Art Museum, an unexpected gem in Rockland
- explore a vast diversity of ecosystems at expansive Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Freeport, Bath, Wiscasset, Boothbay Harbor, Damariscotta, Pemaquid Point, Monhegan Island, Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Belfast, Searsport.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation