Madrid - Understand Madrid and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Madrid Today, History, City of Painters, Architecture, Madrid’s Film Scene, Flamenco, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Madrid guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, architecture and art galleries to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips on the LGBTQI scene, and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Madrid’s history as one of Europe’s most architecturally and artistically rich capitals
- info on the city’s role in Spain’s emergence from la crisis
- full coverage of Madrid’s film scene
- background on the flamenco and where to catch performances of this most distinct dance
Coverage includes: Madrid Today, History, City of Painters, Architecture, Madrid’s Film Scene, Flamenco, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout