Madrid - Sol, Santa Ana & Huertas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sol, Santa Ana & Huertas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Madrid guidebook.
Sol, Santa Ana and Huertas make up the city’s most clamorous corner. Explorations begin in the Plaza de la Puerta del Sol, the pulsing heart of downtown Madrid, then move on to Plaza de Santa Ana and the laneways down the hillside to the east.
- discover the little-known artistic riches of Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando, Spain’s most underrated art gallery
- spend a lazy afternoon nursing a Rioja on one of Plaza de Santa Ana’s outdoor tables and watch the world go by
- step back in time at La Venencia, an old-style sherry bar that captures the spirit of a Spain that long ago disappeared elsewhere
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.